We are looking for:
MYP Mathematics at Arendal International School
Arendal International School delivers authorized 4-year MYP and a 6-year PYP programmes. Our school is a school in growth that strives to follow the IB Philosophy at every level of our school. Our teachers are a key part in the implementation of the curriculum for the maximum benefit of our students, and are our role models of the IB Learner Profile.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Holds degrees in mathematics and education
- Has international MYP experience
- Is interested in developing a real-life connected math curriculum
- Communicates well in written and oral English
- Has minimum of 2 years experience in an international school, IB MYP training preferable
- Is able to differentiate the learning within a diverse classroom
- Collaborates and shares ideas well
- Is proactive and flexible
- Energetically and with dedication delivers the curriculum
- Works creatively with available materials/ resources
- Possesses effective IT skills
- Has a clean Police Record (upon arrival)
Located on the southern coast of Norway, we take advantage of Arendal’s scenic natural environment, historical background, culture and the international community to support real world connections within our Units of Inquiry. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the opportunities for hiking, skiing, cycling, and kayaking in a beautiful setting. A competitive salary, insurance and pension scheme is offered to the successful candidate.
For more information about our school please contact the school directly.
Bente Pedersen, Head of School
Marius Sommer Strand, Assistant Head / MYP Coordinator
If you have any questions regarding other vacancies, please contact
Mrs. Bente Pedersen
Head of School
Lower and upper PYP teachers
Due to expansion, restructuring and introduction of single year groups, we are looking for PYP teachers. One of the positions is permanent, while two will be one-year contracts with strong possibilities of extensions.
Arendal International School is an IB World school located in Arendal, Norway. We are currently seeking three experienced and enthusiastic PYP Class Teachers in lower and upper Primary.
Our ideal PYP teacher…
- has completed an appropriate teaching degree
- shares the IB vision, promoting concept led inquiry understanding
- has PYP workshop experience
- possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- is a confident end-user of IT
- is interested in developing a real-life connected curriculum
- communicates well in written and oral English
- has minimum of 2 years experience in an international school
- is able to differentiate the learning within a diverse classroom
- collaborates and shares ideas well
- is proactive and flexible
- an awareness of Managebac
- a willingness to use class sets of iPads
Authorized as an IB World School in 2010, our growing programme is participating in an exciting phase of self-study. Our collaborative learning community is forward thinking, supportive and dedicated to providing engaging learning engagements for 21st Century Learners.
Located on an island off the southern coast of Norway, connected by road and boat to the mainland, we take advantage of Arendal’s scenic natural environment, historical background, culture and the international community to support real world connections within our Units of Inquiry. As active member of the United Nations school network, we work closely with their facility located in Arendal and have 45 countries represented within our learning community.
Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the opportunities for hiking, skiing, cycling, and kayaking in a beautiful setting.
We are offering a competitive salary according to experience and completed university degrees.
Closing date for applications: February 28, 2014
Starting date for the position August 1, 2014 .
Please send your CV with a cover letter to:
Head of School